Thursday, July 29, 2021

July 10, 2021

 I have been looking forward to this trip for two years! I love taking the whole family on vacation whatever the cost! We had originally planned to start the trip on Monday, but we had added on points at Riviera Resort, and we decided to try it out for two nights before our vacation was scheduled to start. They didn't have a two bedroom available in the same category for both nights, so we HAD to book a grand villa. I hadn't told the kids because I wanted to get their surprised faces as they entered, and this was a big deal for me to keep a secret like this. I was pretty proud of myself for doing it! We weren't leaving as early as usual either, so we didn't even have to leave the house until 7 am. Score!


We got to the airport without any hassles, and we were all set to get our luggage out and on that plane!






Sam and I were flying first class, while the kids were flying in the back. I didn't feel bad about it because they were getting to stay in an amazing room, and they didn't have to pay for their flights. I might have felt a twinge of guilt when they passed by our seats, but a cocktail helped solve that problem!




I really do love Magical Express, but I had been hearing about horrific wait times and long lines, so we opted for a limo instead. It was awesome!! We were picked up right after picking up our luggage and whisked away to our resort in no time!







Once at the resort, I checked in to determine that our room was ready. I had requested to be in the East tower on the highest floor possible, but we ended up in the West tower on the lowest floor possible, but our room was amazing. The only thing that I would change is the fact that it was an accessible room even though we didn't request one. That meant in the master bathroom there was no separate toilet room, which did not make Sam happy. Still, this room was amazing!! I had the kids wait downstairs while I went up to video the room and take pictures.











































After I took my pictures and video, I eagerly awaited Sam and the kids to come up and see it. To say they were excited would be an understatement. I mean, I was feeling pretty giddy myself! I couldn't believe we would be staying her for two nights. 

Once we checked out the room thoroughly and everyone picked their bedrooms, we were tired and hungry, so we went down to Bar Riva for some grub. We got some fun cocktails, and I had a Greek salad that was very good! Sam had an Italian sandwich that he really liked. The other kids got a chicken sandwich that was good too.











I really love Bar Riva for a quick place to sit down and get a meal. It wasn't long before we were finished eating, and we went back up to the room to fully enjoy it before dinner. Sam even found the ironing board, because doesn't everyone iron on vacation?


















I'm pretty sure if they told me I could move in here, I would sell my house in a heartbeat and get back here so quick! Before we knew it, it was time for dinner at Chefs de France. So we boarded the skyliner headed for Epcot. While we didn't need to wear masks at the resort or in the parks since we are all fully vaccinated, we did have to wear them on transportation. It wasn't a big deal, we just always had to make sure everyone had a mask on them. Disney did hand them out to people who forgot, though.

















I got the filet of beef and a French martini, as I usually do when I'm there. It was good as usual, but the kids have decided that this is not their favorite place to eat, so it may become a place we visit only when it's just the two of us. Of course, we also had a split a crème brulee.

We were pretty spent after dinner, so it was the skyliner back to the room to relax and get ready for another day in paradise.






















No comments:

Post a Comment