Tuesday, August 4, 2020

July 10, 2019

Tonight is our last night at the Grand Floridian, so we wanted to kind of lay low so that we can maximize our time at the resort. My youngest daughter, Bella is a ride junkie, so there was no way we couldn't do a no park day. So we had three fastpasses that we were going to keep and dinner at the Crystal Palace which meant popping into Magic Kingdom twice, but we still wanted to spend as much time at the resort as possible.

Our first fastpass was at Jungle Cruise, which is a ride I adore. The classics bring back childhood memories, and I guess I just love corny jokes!


What, my son agreed to be in a picture with me? It must be my lucky day!!











Thankfully our skipper got us back on land! Our next stop, and our last stop for the morning, was the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness. Yep, we were headed back to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.











On our way out, we stopped for a photopass picture in front of Splash Mountain. 



And with that, our morning at the Magic Kingdom was complete, and we made the trek back to the monorail station to wait for our ride back to paradise. Although on the way out, one quick stop. I so wanted my daughter, Lainey, to get a pair of graduation ears since she just graduated. She refused to spend the money on them, but I did manage to get a picture of her with them on....They were so cute!!


I love Mike's (my oldest daughter, Lexy's fiance) new shirt. Very appropriate for today!



Once back, while some napped or relaxed, Sam, Bella and I took a leisurely stroll around the resort. I do so love it here!










We had an early dinner at Crystal Palace, so we needed to get ready for that. Now Sam does not love Crystal Palace. I agree that the food is not the best I've ever eaten on Disney property, although I find the light, airy feeling of the restaurant itself is beautiful and enjoyable. Also, Lexy absolutely loves the Pooh characters, so we always do this one for her, and because, let's face it, I am a character stalker. My kids are now not as willing to stand in line to meet them in the parks unless I put my foot down, so this is one way for me to get my fix and a hug from a cuddly character.







I mean, come on, this is just plain fun! Roddy even had a smile on his face a couple of times there!















Now that we are completely stuffed, we have our last fastpass of the day. I think we need to walk it off a bit!



Our last fastpass is for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It may not be as thrilling as Big Thunder, but it is super cute and a fun ride.














Time for a pit stop. We managed to find a tiny door while waiting. Lexy had to check it out.






We are on our way out of the magic to head back to the resort, when we get stopped by the parade. Always fun to try to get through the crowds lining the sidewalks. Guess we need to go through a shop. Yay!





I know that I said for our last night at Grand Floridian, we wanted to spend as much time there as possible, but I guess we just can't stay away from the parks. Mike and Lexy headed to Animal Kingdom for a little bit of fun. They ended up riding Dinosaur, which I'm slightly mad about. Lexy despises that ride, I often can't get her on it. I totally love it, and would always want to ride. Now she choses to do it without me?! Unacceptable!



The rest of us headed to Hollywood Studios where we decided we would wait for Toy Story Mania. We hopped on a bus from the Grand Floridian, and got there just in time to be completely rained on trying to enter the park. Perfect! 


We made it though, and ended up getting to stay on and ride twice. Score!













I don't know why, but we decided to ride Star Tours. I keep my eyes closed the entire time on that one so that I don't get motion sick. I guess the rocking of the ride could be worth it, but when you are with a family of Star Wars fans, you don't really have much choice. Lainey got to sit this one out though. Lucky girl!



That's a wrap for the Studios for the night!



How do you best enjoy your last night in your favorite resort, why you order pizza, of course! Late night pizza and a restful night's sleep!



















No comments:

Post a Comment